Happy Friday to you! I'm currently a foster parent for a cat. We're working on sleep schedules. Last night was the perfect example of what doesn't work. He was awake ALL night. Alllll night. Meowing and talking and probably complaining and saying unpleasantries about my name. Yet ONE minute before I had to rise and shine, he crawled under my bed in the very spot I cannot reach. Know how I know I can't reach it? I tried. Several times. I didn't think it appropriate that he was going to bed in a super quiet spot as I was starting my day. We both know he's at home, curled up and sleeping, right? Er.
In other more relevant-to-you news:
1) Pastor Hosea is preaching in the Worship Center on Sunday! #BeHere at 9 or 10:30 a.m. or 6:30 p.m. Pastor Chad is preaching in the FC on Sunday! #BeHere at 10:30 a.m. for TEN31 Modern Worship. Watch his sermon preview video now: http://j.mp/1nGJSkT
2) Speaking of Pastor Hosea + Sunday, I know you have stories to tell about him. And his ministry at Ridgecrest. On Sunday, visit a Welcome Center and pick up a blank binder page. Take it home. Write out some stories. Or your favorite "sermon in a sentence." Tell why it made an impact. Bring it back M-F to the receptionist desk or take it to The Bilyeu Revue on Saturday. A memory book will be presented to him at the end of the Revue.
3) Speaking of The Bilyeu Revue, this celebration is Aug. 2, 2-4 p.m., at Remington's. 2-3 p.m. is a meet, greet and mingle time. 3-4 p.m. is a roast of Pastor Hosea. Fun will be had!
4) Speaking of fun, YOUNG ADULTS!!! Last Sunday Breakfast is Sunday at 9 a.m. at Remington's. Word on the street is that pancakes will be eaten. Yummm. p.s. I had a great time at the Scavenger Hunt last Sunday. To see pictures and videos, visit www.facebook.com/RBCYA25.35
5) As I type this, we have 63 tickets available for the Hosea Bilyeu Family Concert on Aug. 17. All tickets are for 11 a.m. Once again, if you have extras you will not use, please please please bring them back to the receptionist desk ASAP.
6) Are you striving for a Christ-centered life, seven days a week? Have you thought about teaching a Small Group? Or being more involved in leading a Small Group? Our annual Small Group Kickoff for Small Group leaders is Aug. 3, 2-5 p.m., in the FC. The kickoff is for anyone already involved or anyone wanting to serve in our discipleship ministry, including with rbckids or rbcstudents.
7) We are having a Back-to-School Supplies Drive for Jeffries Elementary. Bring school supplies on Aug. 3. Collection bins will be at the main entrances. See list of needed goods in Sunday's bulletin/service folder.
Questions? Let me know.
Do not reply to this news post! Instead, email me.